I managed to get the lsof output from mplayer (Also works with MPlayer OS X Extended, an excellent mplayer frontend), but couldn’t get the regex to take out the media title and segment info. RyanA helped me with the RegEx stuff and eventually, I put this in with the help of OgreKit framework and it works.
The result of it is outputing the media title and segment with the appropriate media title and segment. Beware that with some files may not work correctly with this because of how they are named and stuff. Nevertheless, I’m happy that I managed to get iTunes and mplayer detection to work in a few days and I just began learning ObjC last week during spring break… well, some of it of course. MelScrobbleX should be ready for a preview release, but first, I need to fix a few things before I can actually release the program, so stay tuned.